A Room Somewhere

This is a space for me to explore the various changes aspects of my life, as I finish my dissertation, start my career, build a yoga practice, study Buddhism, remain smoke-free and lose weight. All after leaving Los Angeles for Winona, Minnesota.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

"All I want...

is a room somewhere, far away from the cold night air. With one enormous chair; Oh wouldn't it be loverly?"

Actually, after moving from a two bedroom apt. in LA to a small house in Winona, I do have a room for my meditation and yoga, and an office of my own at Winona State University, but they are both kind of temporary. I can only have them so long as I finish my dissertation by the first day of the fall quarter at UCLA and file it by the end. So it's hard to feel as though they are entirely mine.

Almost everyone we've met in Winona just can't believe that T and I actually chose to move here until I explain that I got a 3 year full-time teaching post in the WSU art department. The job opens up again in 2 more years as a permanent tenure-track position, but they are doing another nation-wide search, so there is no guarentee that I'll get the job in the end.

and as if that were't enough, last January I quit smoking AND joined Weight Watchers, so no smoking under pressure and no emotional eating either. I've just become way too damn virtuous for my own good.

About this blog...I'm intentionally not telling anyone about my blog. If you happen to find yourself reading my posts, you are very welcome, but even if no one ever reads this, it is my virtual "room somewhere."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home