A Room Somewhere

This is a space for me to explore the various changes aspects of my life, as I finish my dissertation, start my career, build a yoga practice, study Buddhism, remain smoke-free and lose weight. All after leaving Los Angeles for Winona, Minnesota.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

A Room of My Own

When I came up with the title of this blog a while ago I never thought I was literally going to search for something that was mine. My space. At Winona State, I had my own office, and at home I had a yoga and meditation room. Both spaces were mine, and in some ways I was like my dog Cooper and his crate. Cooper was very uncomfortable whenever anyone tried to pet him when he was inside. For my meditation room, I made a sort of sacred space, and when Todd walked in with his shoes on like it was nothing, I felt uncomfortable. It was the only part of the house that was mine. That was also why I spent a lot of time in my office. Again, my space. Which, of course, was yet another thing that I lost when I had to leave WSU.

Now, we live in a smaller house where I can't even get to my altar to sit, and the office is dominated by Todd's stuff, and toy boxes. The plan is that I would ge my own desk and some shelves and share the room with Todd, just like a have to share an office with Billie. Even that isn't mine yet, because I don't have any keys, so I can't use it whenever I want to.

The purchase of my desk keeps fading in and out depending on Todd's mood. Though he is at least looking at putting up shelves for me. It seems that we are always "looking" and never taking any action.

So I don't have a room somewhere. or anywhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home