A Room Somewhere

This is a space for me to explore the various changes aspects of my life, as I finish my dissertation, start my career, build a yoga practice, study Buddhism, remain smoke-free and lose weight. All after leaving Los Angeles for Winona, Minnesota.

Friday, June 16, 2006

its all about food

Between Weight Watchers and becoming vegetarian, food has become an obssesion. I count the points for everythinng while at the same time I'm learning to eat a vegetarian diet. I'm perusing recipies, learning to deal with tofu (did you know that marinating tofu takes at LEAST 24 hours?!), trying to keep from disrupting T's eating habits, and discovering how limited our options for eating out are here in Winona. Pretty much all there are is the local sandwich shops (which are good for the most part) and the local Chinese place. Still, avoiding meat has not been too difficult, and I really haven't been tempted.

Sticking to my points has been hard though. I've been working out really hard, running on the treadmill for 35 minutes, doing some weight machines, and then bike riding around the lakes with Miss or T in the evenings. The WSU fitness center is only open during the week, so I just ride my bike on the weekends. After a few weeks, my legs started feeling really weak, especially after carrying our corgi Cooper up the stairs to go to bed. I literally would sink down to the floor because my legs felt so wobbily. So yesterday and today I didn't exercise. I feel terrible about it because I am honestly so desperate to lose this weight and I hate the idea of doing anything to slow my progress. Progress...right! I've been going to Weight Watchers meetings for 17 weeks and I've lost 17 pounds. And I feel like I've had to fight for every pound. My next meeting is tomorrow morning, so we'll see if anything has improved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home